What are the major differences between KP Stellar and Vedic Astrology?
- KP astrology stresses the importance of the nakshatras, otherwise known as constellations or stars in order to narrow down events to precise moments in time.
- There are 27 nakshatras, every one of them is unequally divided up into 9 subdivisions. (click on Jupiter's Web - KP Star and Sublords )
- Each sub varies according to the planet ruling it following the laws of the Vimshottari Dasa system.
- KP Stellar uses its own ayanamsa.
- KP Stellar follows the Placidus system of unequal houses, which is popular in Western astrology and also used here.
- The planet in its dasa gives results or the outcome according to its Starlord instead of the planet itself.
- The planet's sub lord becomes the deciding factor as to whether or not the event or the outcome becomes a benefic one or a malefic one.
Below you can see an illustration of each planetary division and its interaction: